Since its founding in Bordeaux, France, in 1991, TAFISA has grown dramatically. With over 280 members in 145 countries from all continents, TAFISA has a foundation and framework that is unique and represents the global Sport for All movement. TAFISA as a non profit body registered at Frankfurt law court is officially recognized by, and in active cooperation with, the International Olympic Committee (IOC), EU Commission, United Nations Education, Science and Culture Organization (UNESCO) and the World Health Organization (WHO). TAFISA also enjoys working relationships with other international bodies, including ICSSPE, IWG, ENGSO and others.
As the leading international Sport for All organisation, TAFISA is in the privileged position to bring joy, health, social interaction, integration and development to communities and citizens around the globe through the promotion of Sport for All and physical activity.
TAFISA’s Vision and Mission
To achieve an Active World by globally promoting and facilitating access for every person to Sport for All and physical activity.
TAFISA’s primary focus is on:
- Lobbying internationally for Sport for All,
- Providing and coordinating programs and events,
- Providing networking and experience transfer platforms.
To this end, TAFISA:
- Believes Sport for All & physical activity are basic human rights
- Supports promotion/development of traditional sports and games
- Sees Sport for All as a major contributor to individual, social, community and national life quality
- Supports international exchange and
- Supports education of leaders
- Cooperates with health, culture, education and recreation
- Assumes political leadership and provides practical events and programs
- Supports diversity, inclusiveness and member development
To download a pdf of the latest TAFISA Information Brochure in English, please click the link below.